Pages

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Grand Weekend of Fun

     So this weekend was a good weekend filled with fun events. It first started with me getting work off early Friday night, (that was great), and so I drove home and got dressed up nice for the wonderful Mormon Tabernacle Christmas concert. The performance was grand and beautiful songs were sung. I wasn't familiar with either of the stars there but the gentleman supposedly is in Lord of the Rings and he is in the 3rd Indiana Jones (their Israelite friend who helps them find the cave er whatever). He told the story of how Charles Dickens came up with "The Christmas Carol". It was very good and had a good message. The woman that was there was a soprano operatic singer and she did a lovely job. Very good voice and sang beautiful songs. The dancing was fabulous too and the decorations was set up like old England. It was a fun experience and after the performance while making our way out of the building we walked right by Elder Dallin H. Oaks! Awesome!

     Saturday morning we decided to go skiing for the first time this season. We had a two for one day pass at snowbird. We decided at the end of the day that it's a more advanced mountain but we still had fun. It was pre-season so there wasn't as much snow and there were many icy spots. Let's just say that I fell way too much haha. Luckily the only injury I have is a small bruise on my shin when my ski hit it. I seriously thought I was going to break my leg or ankle a few times trying to catch myself while sliding down the hill. At one point both skis popped off my boots when I fell. But we enjoyed our time non the less. I just have a very sore body to show for it haha.
 Hawk is a grand skier

 Hawk is the dot on the far left
 
We had trouble standing next to each other. I kept sliding backwards haha 

     But our Saturday is not over yet! We hung-out in Salt Lake for we had the Forgotten Carols performance to go to that night! Oh how excited I was! I love the Forgotten Carols and Hawk had never seen it before. So we had dinner, walked around some stores, and drug our-selves to the show (for we were very tired, but still excited). So we enjoyed the lovely Michael McLean show and made our way home from the exhausting day. Hawk even realized something about the play that I never noticed (and I've seen it at least 5 times) that Uncle John is playing the role of John the Beloved. Crazy right! I should've caught it when he was Connie Lou was reading the little note he wrote her when it says "you really make me feel BELOVED" er however it goes. So that was really cool. The Forgotten Carols is such a wonderful Christmas show.

     Sunday then came and Hawk and I got to sleep in and enjoy just relaxing with each other. We didn't have to worry about planning a lesson (Hawk and I have been released as Sunday School teachers and I picked up the Beehive adviser calling) and we could enjoy the day. Hawk then let me know that he invited one of our friends over for dinner that night. . . WHAT?! I was happy to have friends over  but to be told last minute can be a little stressful. We decided on a meal and headed over to church. After church our friends came over and we had a lovely evening together. Hawk and his friend played video games while the wife and I made brownies. MMM! Brownies are so delicious!

And so that ended our Grand Weekend of Fun!

    

No comments:

Post a Comment