Pages

Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Tree Adventure

Last Thursday Hawk and I finally went out and got a REAL Christmas tree. I grew up with a fake tree and absolutely loved it. I love Christmas trees anyway but I wasn't sure about getting a real one. But Hawk grew up with a real tree and so I decided to try something new. Sadly there were no more tags to go cut one down so we went to a small local business in Centerville. It was a small lot so it didn't take long to look around. It was fun to walk around and see all the great looking trees. We found our cute little tree. It's about as tall as Hawk. The worker even did a bundle deal with a tree stand. 

As soon as we got home we put the tree in some warm water, turned on Christmas music, and started figuring out how to re-arrange our living room so we could display our tree in our window. We've done quite the maneuvering. It took a few minutes to figure it out but we moved things around and put the tree up. It was so exciting to see a little tree in our living room! I then ripped open our 2 boxes of lights and started stringing. BUT WE DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH!!! We didn't have a star or ornaments either. So we hurried to Smiths, bought a new box of lights, a cute star for the top of our tree, and a few glass ball ornaments.

We came home again and finished trimming the tree! I was excited to hang every single ornament. I JUST LOVE CHRISTMAS!! The manger scene ornament is our first ornament and of course Hawk had to add his little touch to the tree. Once we were done we turned the lights out and saw our cute little tree glow with happiness :) I just can't wait to put presents under it for that finish look!











No comments:

Post a Comment