Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Yellowstone

The view from the cabin deck
Little Mckenzie crawlin around
This absolutely wonderful picture of the two of us. I just can't get over how cute we are! This is the beginning of our Yellowstone adventure.
Old Faithful. Quite the shoot out
One of many hot springs
BISON!
Fire in Yellowstone. 200-300 ft. high!
Beautiful Yellowstone
Mckenzies' first time on a beach
Mckenzie in the water raft. She really liked it
Hawk and I having an adventure on the raft
The Harker Cabin. Mckenzie and I were the newbies this year
 So as you all can see by my pictures we had a mighty adventure in Yellowstone and at the Harker cabin. I have lots more pictures but I don't think ya'll would want to spend time looking at all my pictures. I'll post them on facebook and you can see them there. 
We went up last Friday and came home Monday. It was a wonderful vacation. I had never been to Yellowstone before so I was mighty excited. We were there with Hawks parents and his older sister and her husband and their little girl. btw she is the cutest little girl ever! After our long 5 hour drive to the cabin in Montana we relaxed and watched a movie. The next morning we started our adventure into the volcano land! YAY! It's quite amazing to think how big the caldera is. I mean it's huge! The whole time you're in Yellowstone (which is massive) you're in the caldera. It's the biggest volcano in North America. It's so interesting to think that there are natural hot spots and geysers throughout the park. There is still activity going on under the ground that you walk on. It's pretty amazing. One of the coolest things we saw was Old Faithful. That thing shot so high! And all by natural pressure build up underground. It's so crazy. Along our Yellowstone adventure we saw a field of Bison and Caribou. Sadly there was a crazy fire going on in Yellowstone so we had a lot of smoke goin on. We were able to see the flames pretty good. My picture doesn't give justice to the details of the fire but Hawks dad (who just retired from being a fireman) said those flames were about 200-300 ft. high. It was caused by lightning. We saw the big canyon waterfall as well and what a sight! Absolutely beautiful. Yellowstone is on my list of favorite things. 
So that was Saturdays adventure. On Sunday we went to church there in West Yellowstone and then went to the lake and had our mighty raft adventure. It was also Kenzies first time at a lake and on a beach and she really enjoyed it. She is so cute! Hawk and I made little "sand castles" and had a battle of throwing rocks at each others "castle" to see who's "castle" would stand the longest. I had to bring in back up which consisted of me running through it haha! I won.
Monday morning we cleaned up and went for a hike through the woods to a massive massive tree. It was pretty cool. We then packed up the car and went on home. It was hard to come back to work this morning but it must be done. Vacations are nice and I am very grateful for them. 
I'm so grateful for this beautiful earth that our Heavenly Father has created for us to enjoy. Hawk and I had a mighty fun adventure this last weekend :)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for telling us all about your fun!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome. I did my best. I kinda feel like I'm rambling and not making sense haha

      Delete