Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

The Saratov Approach

     Hawk and I saw The Saratov Approach last night and oh my goodness it was absolutely amazing! My eyes watered probably 5 times throughout the whole movie. Even Hawk got a little teary eyed and he doesn't do that. I don't want to give it away but the TRUE story is about 2 missionaries serving in Saratov, Russia who get kidnapped and how they survived. It's truly an amazing story. I can't even imagine how they must have felt as hostages and then the relief they felt when they were out. It showed many clips of the two families as well and oh how heart wrenching that was. I mean, knowing your son was being held hostage and beaten up in a foreign country and you can't do anything about it. Everyone in that movie (except for the kidnappers of course) relied so much on and trusted in Heavenly Father. This is a perfect example of how bad things happen to good people. Heavenly Father didn't make this happen, but he couldn't stop the decisions of the captures and therefore the missionaries suffered the consequence. Now, He does his best to warn His children but it's up to us to listen and obey those promptings. Oh man I wish I could just tell the whole story so I could share my feelings and thoughts! But you MUST go watch it and when you do, then we can talk cause I'm sure you'll want to talk about it too. So please! Go buy your ticket and see it ASAP!! Then let me know what you thought of it. ENJOY

p.s. You don't have to be LDS to understand or like this movie. Being Christian helps though :P

No comments:

Post a Comment