Pages

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Blessing from Heavenly Father

     This week Hawks grandmother was admitted into the hospital. I'm not sure exactly what for but something to do with her blood platelets and she doesn't have any strength or energy. Well I was worried, not only because it was my husbands Grandmother but because she kind of reminds me of my Grandma Faye. My grandma died a few years ago and it was very sad for me. So anyway, last night we had the opportunity to go to the hospital and see her. All the family that could come was there to give Grandma Harker a blessing. It was so wonderful to see so many people there and although we may have been slightly crammed I wouldn't have it any other way. When I got up to her she was sitting there quietly as if concentrating on something. Maybe breathing or trying to ignore the pain. I don't know. But she still had somewhat of a smile on her face when she saw me. After a few minutes of visiting we finally got everyone in the room and first said a prayer to invite the spirit into that hospital room. The prayer was given by my Father-in-law and it was a most beautiful prayer. She was then anointed with oil, then received a blessing of healing and love. The blessing also was very beautiful. I bet you're wondering why I'm telling you all this. As obvious as what I'm about to say is, it still is something that I thought about and just had an overwhelming gratitude for. I've had a few chances to be around and get to know Hawks family. Some family members I know a little more than others and there were a few cousins there that I hadn't met. But it was just so wonderful to see them all come together for the same cause. To help give and support this blessing. And when every prayer was given, the spirit poured out and over-filled that room. Even though I somewhat know this family I was still able to feel the spirit. The Spirit is the same everywhere you go! No matter if you know the people or not, it is still the same! It was just an exciting thought that I had and am so grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ and for Hawk and his family for being worthy of the Priesthood to give these beautiful prayers and a blessing. Hawk stood in the circle and what a proud moment that was for me. I'm not sure if I portrayed very well what I was feeling and wanting to say but I hope you understand what I'm getting at. The Holy Spirit is an amazing thing and I absolutely love it! The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true church on the earth today. I know of my own experience and by the power of the Holy Ghost that that is true. Have a good day everyone :)

1 comment: