Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2013

The weekend full of Quests

     So this last weekend was a pretty busy crazy one. Enough that I felt it blog worthy. Strap in reader for an adventurous read.
    It all started with one of my good friends, Adrianna, wedding dinner Friday night. It started at 6 and I had to get work off early. Since it was all the way in Sandy, I met up with Hawk in Salt Lake and I had to bring him dress clothes for the dinner. We got to the dinner at 6 but we still needed to change. Hawk for some reason took forever to change. So I was stressing that we were late. Well when we walked into the room of the dinner we find out that the brides parents weren't there yet. So that calmed me down a bit. But I was still stressing during the dinner cause I knew we had to leave early because my parents were in town with my little sisters and cousin and they only had Friday night to come over and see our house. So once we ate our food and said a few nice words we left the dinner and headed home. Mom  and dad came over and we had a splendid time showing off the house. Sadly they couldn't stay all night because we had yet another commitment that night. so at 10 I said my goodbyes to the fam (wishing they weren't leaving) and we headed over to our friends house, Jack and Katy. Sadly Jack and Katy were moving the next morning to Oregon. Neither Hawk and I are happy about this move because we have become great friends with this young couple. But Jack was offered a job that he couldn't resist. So we're happy for them. So we went over to their house to take their food that they had left over that they would have otherwise thrown away. Gladly we stuffed our fridge and freezer with their food and also filled our living room with their old school big screen TV that they gave to us. We said our sad and happy goodbyes to them and finally went back home to go to bed.
     The next morning was Adriannas wedding in the Draper temple at 10 am. We live in Bountiful and so it takes us about 40 min to get there. We get up and go and sadly it's a very cold cloudy snowy day for a wedding. We're suppose to get there at 9:30 and of course we were late (which added stress) and got into the temple with 5 min to spare before they called us up to the sealing room of the temple. The sealing was beautiful and am super happy for my friend. Well after the wedding I had plans to meet up with another friend for lunch. We set it up for noon and so we had a few minutes to spare. Just enough time that we decided to explore IKEA since neither of us had been there. Well what we didn't know was that there's a path that you can get very lost in. Which we did. Which made me stress cause we were then late for lunch. We finally got out and made it to lunch and it was really good to see my friend Jessica as I hadn't seen her for about 2 years. We enjoyed catching up with each other. We then had to say our goodbyes and hoped to see each other again before 2 years and Hawk and I headed up to Cottonwood Heights to look at some skis. We've been looking to get me some skis because we figured we'd go enough that it's worth getting me some. We finally got there and loved the skis so we bought them. Sadly the boots she had were to small. So we're still on the hunt for good boots. After we got the skis we decided to head over to a sports store and size my feet for the correct boot size. 24 to 24.5 is what we figured out. Hawks mom then texted us and needed Hawks help with something and so drove to Farmington to help. We were there till about 5:15 and we needed to be at Adriannas wedding reception at 6. We go home for a few minutes and then head on back to Salt Lake (more like Holladay) for the reception and make it just in time for the cutting of the cake and all the fun festivities. While driving to the reception I found some boots on KSL for a decent price but they were all the way in Herriman. That's about 30 min south of where we were at. Hawk and I debated for a second whether or not to go try 'em on and then we thought, what the heck. So we drove all the way there hoping these boots would fit. Guess what?! THEY DIDN'T FIT! They were a 24 too! So apparently the boot sizer at the sports store was not accurate. So to make the drive down there worth it we drove a few more minutes down to Cabela's. It was a good thing too as I needed to purchase Christmas gifts for Hawk there. After Cabela's we finally made it home for the night.
     So overall, after Friday and Saturday, we ended up driving all over the Salt Lake Valley using up over 200 miles. WHEW! It was a crazy weekend I tell ya. And we are still on the Quest for snow boots. We have a couple prospects tomorrow night that we have to travel far for. Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment